1. Meaning: Find the meaning in the season and focus on the “real meaning of the holiday vs. the gifts, pressures and expectations
2. Give: The true meaning of the holidays is about giving—but not necessarily about giving of monetary worth or gifts, but about giving of yourself and your love to others
3.Forget perfection: Focus on the human side of the holiday vs. trying to be perfect and becoming overwhelmed and stressed
4. Become what you desire: If you want the holiday to be happy and joyful, then concentrate on the things that make you happy, the people who bring joy to your life, and avoid negatives and inner expectations
5. Be in the now: Focus on the moment…take time to be with those you love and focus on the moments you have with loved ones and times that are meaningful to you
What are 5 more tips to help us survive and thrive during the holiday season?
6.Connect: Reach out to those you love, and include connections with those who are in your thoughts but who might be far away
7. Be mindful of your limits. Be mindful of overspending, overdoing it, and overcommitting during the season
8. To things in moderation. Set limits and stick with them, but also remember that things don’t have to be black or white, and you can allow yourself the gift of not going to extremes
9. Be grateful. Focus on what you have versus what is missing in your life. The happiest people are those who focus on their blessings
10. Comfort yourself. The holiday season can be stressful, so don’t forget to make time for yourself to eat well, exercise, and do things that help you feel good about yourself.